It was announced on Monday that Spanish Grand Prix winner Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo will perform testing duties for Red Bull at this week’s in-season Formula 1 test at Barcelona, which therefore completes the test line-up.
Ricciardo will drive for the team on Tuesday before handing over to Verstappen on Wednesday. Red Bull’s decision to run race drivers on both days means it will have to run young drivers on the two days at the second and final in-season test at Silverstone to comply with the regulations.
The opportunity will provide Verstappen with more time in the car ahead of Monaco, having only done one race weekend’s worth of running with Red Bull after he swapped places with Daniil Kvyat last week.
Ten of the 11 teams will be in action at Barcelona across the two eight-hour days of running with only Sauber missing because the team has no updates to test.
Here is the full test line up as follows:-
- Mercedes- Nico Rosberg and Esteban Ocon
- Ferrari- Sebastian Vettel and Antonio Fuoco
- Red Bull- Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen
- Williams- Alex Lynn and Felipe Massa
- Renault- Esteban Ocon and Kevin Magnussen
- Toro Rosso- Pierre Gasly and Daniil Kvyat
- Force India- Alfonso Celis (Both days)
- McLaren- Jenson Button and Stoffel Vandoorne
- Manor-Pascal Wehrlein and JordanKing
- Haas- Romain Grosjean and Esteban Gutierrez