The FIA this evening has released the provisional calendar for the 2017 season, featuring 21 races in a similar order to this year’s.
There will be no additional or axed rounds for 2017, although the Canadian, German and Brazilian Grands Prix remain subject to confirmation for financial reasons.
The date of the Australian Grand Prix has been pushed back to allow teams a longer period of development time for their 2017 cars and China has been turned into a back-to-back race with Bahrain to accommodate the later start date.
Malaysia has been positioned ahead of Singapore, which now becomes a back-to-back with Japan. Meanwhile, Mexico will be a week later, making it a back-to-back with Brazil rather than the USA.
The season finale will once again take place in Abu Dhabi at the end of November. The provisional calendar is expected to be ratified by the FIA at the end of the year.
Provisional 2017 calendar in full:
- March 26, Melbourne, Australia
- April 9, Shanghai, China
- April 16, Sakhir, Bahrain
- April 30, Sochi, Russia
- May 14, Barcelona, Spain
- May 28, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- June 11, Montreal, Canada*
- June 18, Baku, Azerbaijan
- July 2, Spielberg, Austria
- July 9, Silverstone, Great Britain
- July 23, Budapest, Hungary
- July 30, Hockenheim, Germany*
- August 27, Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
- September 3, Monza, Italy
- September 17, Sepang, Malaysia
- October 1, Marina Bay, Singapore
- October 8, Suzuka, Japan
- October 22, Austin, USA
- November 5, Mexico City, Mexico
- November 12, Sao Paulo, Brazil*
- November 26, Abu Dhabi, UAE
*Subject to confirmation